You had me at Ice Cream Sandwich!!
Mini Peanut Butter and Chocolate Shakeology Ice Cream Sandwiches
(Makes 6 sandwiches)
Total Time: 2 hrs. 55 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 10 min.
INGREDIENTS FOR ICE CREAM
- 3 Tbsp. unsweetened almond milk
- 1 large banana, cut into chunks, frozen
- 2 Tbsp. all-natural peanut butter
- 1 scoop Chocolate Shakeology
INGREDIENTS FOR COOKIES
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup almond flour, sift after measuring
- 1 dash sea salt (or Himalayan Salt)
- 1 dash baking soda
- 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin organic coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. unsweetened almond milk
- Parchment paper
For Ice Cream:
1. Place almond milk, banana, peanut butter, and Shakeology in food processor (or blender). Process until smooth.
2. Freeze until ready to use.
1. Preheat oven to 325° F.
2. Lightly coat large baking sheet with spray. Set aside.
3. Combine almond flour, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl; mix well. Set aside.
4. Combine maple syrup, oil, and extract in a small bowl; mix well.
5. Add maple syrup mixture to almond flour mixture. Add almond milk; mixing to break up clumps of dough. Form dough into a ball with clean hands. Place on parchment paper. Roll into a 7-inch long log. Freeze for 50 to 60 minutes, or until firm.
6. Cut log into twelve slices. Spread slices out on prepared baking sheet.
7. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until set.
8. Cool for 10 minutes on baking sheet. Loosen with metal spatula, remove from baking sheet and cool completely on a wire rack (or on parchment paper).
For Ice Cream Sandwiches:
1. Place 2 Tbsp. ice cream on one cookie. Top with a second cookie. Repeat with remaining cookies.
2. Freeze for 1 hour; serve immediately.