Red Velvet Cake is a classic. Visually stunning and with a unique flavor, it’s easy to see why it has become many people’s favorite. The only downside is that most recipes use red food coloring, most of which is petroleum-based. I didn’t really want to be putting food coloring in my Shakeology for various resaons. So, when a friend shared this recipe with me and I saw that the red color came from natural beet juice, I was excited to try it!
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup unsweetened beetroot juice
- 1 scoop vanilla shakeology
- 1/2 cup reduced fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 tsp honey
- 5 ice cubes (add more if desired to increase thickness)
- Well……just throw it all in a good blender and push the power button!
And watch the blender turn a bright pink-purple color!! Pretty cool!