If you’re not using a CROCK-POT/slow cooker then you’re missing out! I never used one either until my girlfriend introduced me to one and now I think it’s the greatest thing under the sun. I mean, you just put in the ingredients, press the on button, go to bed or work, and voila!! There’s a fully cooked meal waiting for you when you get home from work or get up! Make sure you have a big CROCK-POT and that way you can make enough to last you all week!
We often will cook a big CROCK-POT on Sunday and then we have lunch or dinner for the rest of the week! It’s perfect for busy folks like us who don’t have time to cook a gourmet meal every night of the week! The number and variety of recipes is endless – you can buy all kinds of healthy recipe collections for CROCK-POTS!!!
This is one of our favorites! And it’s so yummy with a toasted piece of whole grain bread for dipping!
- 2 lbs lean ground turkey (raw)
- 1 purple onion, chopped
- 2 cans (28 oz each) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (15 oz each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato sauce
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- Add the raw turkey to your CROCK-POT slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients, mix well.
- Cover; cook on high for 6-8 hours.
Makes about 10 servings (375 g each). Each serving is approximately 400 calories.