I’ve seen these treats in the 21 Day Fix eating plan for months and finally decided to give them a try (partly because I finally had some coconut flour which the recipe calls for). Pretty good I must say! I’ll be honest and say they’re not the best “healthy” cookies I’ve ever had but my girlfriend liked them and I would definitely make them again for a treat so they get the thumbs up to share with all you!
- 1/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup canned lite coconut milk
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-natural cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet (or milk chocolate if you prefer) chocolate chips (or you could use slivered almonds, chopped pecans, raisins, etc)
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Lightly coat baking sheet with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Combine all the dry ingredients (coconut flour, whole wheat flour, cocoa powder) in a large bowl and mix well.
- Then add in the rest of the ingredients and mix well by hand.
- Add in the chocolate chips and mix.
- Drop by spoonful onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 mins or until firm.
- I don’t have the calorie and macronutrient information but if you are following the 21 Day Fix or the Portion Fix eating plan with the color-coded containers then if you make approximately 15 cookies with the recipe, each cookie counts as 1 Yellow Container.
Want more information on the 21 Day Fix/Portion Control Eating Plan? Click here!