I like Quesadillas but there’s always so much cheese on those things – and consequently so much fat and calories. Here’s a twist on the Quesadilla you can have for breakfast:
– 1 large 100% whole grain tortilla
– 3 tablespoons almond butter
– 1/2 large banana, sliced
– 3 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
– a bit of cinnamon
– Cooking oil spray
– First, preheat a large non-stick pan to medium/high heat. Lightly spray with cooking oil.
– Then, prep quesadillas by spreading on about 3 tablespoons of almond butter on each tortilla (make sure to leave about an inch to the side so it doesn’t ooze almond butter everywhere when you close it)
– Top one half of the quesadilla with sliced bananas, pomegranate seeds, and cinnamon. Then, fold the tortilla in half.
– Cook quesadillas for about 3 minutes on each side or until the tortilla begins to brown.
Note: You could easily replace the almond butter with peanut butter or the pomegranate seeds with walnuts or pecans or another favorite nut.
Nutrition Information: (serving size: 1 quesadilla)
Total Fat: 28g
Saturated Fat: 2g
Monounsaturated Fat: 17g
Dietary Fiber: 14g