All you need is a food processor or high-speed blender, and you'll be biting into these soft, cookie-dough-like protein balls in a matter of minutes. Made with only five simple ingredients, they taste delicious enough to be considered dessert but are protein-packed, so they're also perfect for a post-workout treat.
At 90 calories, each protein ball offers 3.3 grams of protein, and for less than 10 grams of sugar. And did I mention they taste like a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup? Oh yeah. They totally do. If you love chocolate and peanut butter, you have got to try this recipe.
- 5 tablespoons dairy-free semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup salted roasted peanuts
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted (about 10 to 12)
- 1 scoop vanilla plant-based protein powder (about 35 grams)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- Chop chocolate chips with a knife and set aside in a small bowl.
- Add peanuts to a food processor or high-speed blender. Process nuts until a creamy peanut butter forms.
- Add dates and mix until smooth.
- Add in the protein powder until thoroughly combined.
- Lastly, add the applesauce and mix until a creamy, thick dough forms.
- Roll dough into 22 balls, coat each ball with the chopped chocolate, and place on a plate.
- Enjoy immediately, or if you like a firmer consistency, refrigerate for at least 20 minutes. Store uneaten balls in an airtight container in the fridge.