Most people, including myself, grow up trying to fit in because we think that’s what we’re supposed to do. And it seems natural to want to fit in with everyone else. We even get reprimanded or made fun of if we try to speak up or be different in school. But when you grow up, especially in the business and entrepreneurial world, it’s a great way to separate yourself from the herd. You want to stand out instead of fitting in. Instead of comparing yourself to others, differentiate yourself from others!
Earl Nightingale said something that has stuck in my head:
If you really want success, and you don’t have any mentors or guidance, you can get a head start by looking at what everybody else is doing and do the opposite.”
If you want the normal life, with normal income, normal problems, and normal experiences, then by all means try and fit in with the rest of the world.
- Most people are lacking energy to go after their goals and dreams
- Most people eat based on pleasure vs health
- Most people make excuses instead of progress
- Most people sleep in and have no morning routine
- Most people spend more money than they make
- Most people focus on the negative
- Most people don’t take any action
- Most people go to college or university, go into debt, and get an unrelated job afterwards
- Most people hate Mondays and can’t wait for the weekend
- Most people don’t believe in themselves
DON’T BE LIKE MOST PEOPLE!
Be different. Think different. Try something new. Try something different. Look for opportunities and don’t be afraid to fail. Don’t be afraid of change.
The majority of us just do the same thing over and over again and live like one another and then we wonder we continually fail to see any real results or success in our lives.
You have to decide if you want to build your dreams, or just get by living someone else’s. And if you decide to be different and really go after your goals and your dreams and the life you desire, you have to take ACTION. Thinking about your goals and dreams isn’t enough. You have to take ACTION and you have to be prepared to fail. And fail you will. But the more you fail, the more you will succeed.