I recently got a vegetable spiral slicer so when I saw this recipe with cucumber noodles, I had to try it! And plus I love anything with peanut sauce LOL
Hands-on Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 large cucumbers
- 1/2 tsp plus pinch sea salt, divided
- 4 large curly kale leaves, washed, patted dry and tough stems removed
- 1 cup BPA-free-canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 pinches each ground black pepper and chile powder, divided
- Pinch ground cumin
- 1 orange bell pepper, finely chopped
- 11/3 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 1/4 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh alfalfa sprouts
- 3 tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup natural unsalted creamy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp reduced-sodium tamari sauce
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tsp raw honey
- Pinch ground ginger
- Slice ends off cucumbers. Working one at a time, secure cucumber in a spiral slicer and turn the crank to create noodles. Place noodles in a colander over a bowl; sprinkle with ½ tsp salt and let sit for 10 minutes to drain liquid.
- On a flat surface, lay each kale leaf flat. In a medium bowl, mash chickpeas with a fork and season with pinch each salt, black pepper, chile powder and cumin. Divide chickpea mixture among kale leaves and spread in an even layer to within 1 inch of edges.
- Over chickpea mixture, layer cucumber noodles, bell pepper, cabbage, tomatoes, sprouts and cilantro.
- To a mini food processor or blender, add garlic, peanut butter, tamari, lime juice, honey, ground ginger and remaining pinch each black pepper and chile powder. Add 1 tbsp water; process until smooth. Add more water, 1 tbsp at a time, and process until sauce reaches desired consistency.
- Drizzle 1 tsp peanut sauce over ingredients on each kale leaf. Fold in sides of each kale leaf and roll up like a burrito; secure with a toothpick. Slice each wrap in half and serve with remaining peanut sauce.
Nutrients per serving (1 wrap and 2 1/2 tbsp peanut sauce): calories: 298, total fat: 16 g, sat. fat: 1 g, monounsaturated fat: 9 g, polyunsaturated fat: 6 g, carbs: 30 g, fiber: 7 g, sugars: 9 g, protein: 14 g, sodium: 441 mg, cholesterol: 0 mg